- Spellings (see separate page)
- Please try and read with your child 5 times a week at home
- Word bookmarks
- Attached to your child's reading record is a book mark with common exception words on (tricky words that we can't sound out). Please go through these with your child 3 times a week.
Have a look at the fantastic website http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ click on class login and use your password to access 250+ free ebooks.
Will be set in term 3.
Ideas for learning at home
- Reading at home 5 times a week
- High frequency (tricky) word bookmarks
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Telling the time
- Number bonds to 10
- Spelling the days of the week and months of the year
- Sounding words out using phoneme fingers
Here is an example of children using their phoneme fingers.
Useful English reading and writing websites: