Welcome to Nightingales Year 5
Mrs Richards, Ms Picton and Mr Burns
(Mr Burns will teach you on a Thursday afternoon)
- Click here for our weekly timetable for Term 4.
- Click here for our curriculum overview for the year.
- We have PE on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Please come to school dressed in the appropriate PE kit on these days.
- Homework is set each week on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday. This is set on the Learn Platform.
- It should be completed neatly in your homework book in blue/black pen or in a pencil.
- All children are expected to read 5 times per week minimum.
- Homework Diaries should be in school EVERYDAY. Your reads will be counted on a Monday.
- You must have a parental signature at the end of every week.
- Children can bring in a book from home, choose one from the library or choose one from our class book shelf.
- 5 reads and a parental signature will earn you a raffle ticket each week! The raffle tickets go into a box and at the end of term one lucky winner will be drawn out who will then go on the bookshop visit to buy a book for their class.
- Times Table Rockstars login details are in your homework diaries.
- Below are the statutory spelling lists for Year 3/4 and Year 5/6. It is very important that you practise these often!
We hope all of Nightingales and their families had a relaxing half term break!
We look forward to welcoming you all back on Monday 19th February for the start of Term 4! We have another busy term ahead...
Here are a few photos from our gymnastics lessons during term 3. The children really improved their balancing skills by practising their balances on the beam!
In Term 3, we are using the book 'Greta and the Giants' to inspire our writing.
We will be finishing off our Maths unit on fractions, then moving onto multiplication and division.
In RE, we are studying Sikhism.
In Science, we are learning all about the wonders of space!
Nightingales really enjoyed the rivers workshop at the end of term 1. Here are a few photos...
In English, the children have been working hard on story writing. We have been using 'The Lost Thing' by Shaun Tan to help inspire our writing.
In Maths, we have focused on place value, addition and subtraction. The children are working hard on doing calculations with 6-digit numbers!
In Science, we have been looking at which materials dissolve to form solutions and which materials mix to make a mixture. This week, we learned about how to separate mixtures using different techniques. Below are some photos of filtration, sieving and magnetic attraction.
In gymnastics, the children have learned about counter balances and did very well to hold their balances! Below are some photos.